These zucchini chips are a new favorite low-carb snack of mine. Although they take a long time dehydrating at a slow temperature in the oven (plan on a day when you’re working from home for several hours), they’re incredibly easy. And even family and friends who don’t eat low-starch find this just-as-crunchy alternative a pretty competitive replacement for potato chips.
Zucchini Chips Ingredients
4 medium to large zucchini, sliced
2 tsp olive oil, divided
Sea salt to taste
Zucchini Chips Directions
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Make sure the zucchini is very dry, then slice it thin (although not paper thin.)
- Place 1 zucchini’s worth of slices in a resealable plastic bag, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp oil and a pinch of salt, seal the bag, and massage the slices well to coat evenly.
- Lay out in single slices on a very large baking tray that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Repeat with a second zucchini and then place both trays in the oven on two different racks. Bake for 1 hour, flip the zucchini slices over, and rotate pans on the racks.
- Bake for another 1 to 1 1/2 hours until crispy and lightly browned.
- Repeat all steps with the last 2 zucchini.