This twice baked cauliflower recipe is a perfect low-starch side or comfort food that makes a great alternative to its high-carb cousin (twice baked potatoes). This means it’s appropriate for those with diabetes or those wanting to follow a low-carb lifestyle, and is also a great way to get the kids to eat their veggies!
Twice Baked Cauliflower Ingredients
2 (20 oz) bags frozen grilled cauliflower florets, thawed
1/2 cup plain yogurt or plain Greek yogurt
1/2 Tbsp butter, softened
1 cup light or organic shredded Cheddar or three-cheese blend, divided
2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives, divided
2 tsp fresh garlic, minced (approximately 2-3 cloves)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
Optional: 1-2 slices uncured turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
Twice Baked Cauliflower Directions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a square glass baking dish.
- Blend the thawed cauliflower in a food processor until smooth. Add the yogurt and butter and process until fully combined.
- Spoon the cauliflower mixture into a mixing bowl and add 3/4 cup cheese, 1 Tbsp chives, garlic, black pepper, salt, and optional turkey bacon bits. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Spread into the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven, about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Bump the heat up to broil and bake another few minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the additional Tbsp of chives and season with additional salt, if desired.