This yummy Thai recipe uses organic ground beef, but you could easily swap it out for lean steak slices. The low-carb version would use the cauliflower rice indicated here. Or, if you don’t need to worry about going low-starch then simply use already cooked brown rice in place of the riced cauliflower, and add an additional veggie side. Either way it’s a wonderful, savory dish loaded with fresh flavors! And the double dose of cruciferous (cauliflower and broccoli) make it an incredibly healthy recipe.
1 lb organic ground beef (93% lean)
Lots of fresh garlic (~ 6-10 medium cloves), minced
1/2 whole sweet onion, diced
4-8 scallions, sliced
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1 small bunch of broccoli flowerets, separated
2 Tbsp liquid aminos or reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp chili paste
Optional: 1/4 cup Thai basil, chopped
Frozen cauliflower rice (equivalent to 6 servings)
1/3 cup salted peanuts, chopped, for garnish
- Cook the cauliflower rice separately, or simply thaw and drain. At the same time, blanch the broccoli flowerets.
- Heat a very small amount of olive oil in a very large skillet on medium-high. Saute the ground beef, garlic, and onion until the beef is no longer pink and the onion and garlic are translucent. Drain.
- Mix in the scallions, ginger, and broccoli, cooking for 3-4 minutes until the broccoli is al dente.
- Mix in the liquid aminos (or soy sauce), chili paste, optional Thai basil, and cauliflower rice, stirring until all flavors are combined.
- Serve with the chopped peanuts and additional chili paste and soy sauce.