This stuffed mini pepper appetizer is a real party pleaser and perfect as the start to Mexican night. Making your own taco seasoning is easy and healthier for you than the preserved stuff that comes in packets. For a heartier variation you can opt to repurpose lean beef taco meat you’ve made earlier in the week (unless that’s what you’re serving for your fiesta!) The baby peppers are a bit messy to stuff–and well worth it for an otherwise super easy low-carb appetizer you’ll love. Experiment with your own flavors and let me know how eating well tastes to you! And if you’re in the market for a transformational life coach for stress management and more, then apply today for a completely complimentary sample session on my Contact Truce page.
Serves 5-8 (approx 2-3 peppers each)
Stuffed Mini Pepper Appetizer Ingredients
15-20 baby sweet bell peppers
1 block (8 oz) light cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp taco seasoning
Optional: 1/2 cup cooked beef taco meat
1/2 cup shredded light Cheddar or Mexican blend cheeses
Fresh cilantro for garnish
Stuffed Mini Pepper Appetizer Directions
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Slice mini peppers in half.
- Mix the cream cheese, taco seasoning, and optional beef taco meat.
- Fill each of the pepper halves with the cream cheese mixture and top with the shredded cheese.
- Broil peppers for 2-5 minutes, watching to ensure they don’t burn.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.