This low-carb baked beef spaghetti is similar to my cauliflower pasta bake in that it subs roasted cauliflower out for the noodles–although the flavors are a bit different. You can use just cauliflower or a combination of cauliflower and low-carb pasta, as I do with my cauliflower mac and cheese. (I used just cauliflower for this recipe here.) I’m still fiddling with the water content and ways to get the dish to set up as a casserole (it sets up better once it’s cooled and been refrigerated.)
If you have any suggestions by all means please email me or contact Truce just to connect or to let me know what your life coach needs are. In the meantime, enjoy this low-starch version of a favorite Italian dish!
Baked Beef Spaghetti Ingredients
1 x-large head of cauliflower
1 package cremini mushrooms, rinsed well, and loosely chopped into large chunks (OR 1 large can button mushrooms, drained)
Lots of fresh garlic (~ 6-10 medium cloves), minced
1 whole sweet onion, chopped
16 oz organic 93% ground beef
1 can (28 oz) low-sodium tomatoes, cut up and drained
1/2 to 1 tsp salt
2 tsp dried oregano
1-2 tsp garlic powder
<1/2 can (10 oz) organic, natural condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 Tbsp water
1 1/2 cups low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Optional: organic low-fat cottage cheese for topping
Baked Beef Spaghetti Directions
- Roast the cauliflower ahead of time: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and lightly grease a large roasting dish. Cut the cauliflower into bite-size florets, lay out in the pan, and sprinkle sea salt over all. Roast for 30 mins, stir, and roast 15 min more. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and grease a 13×9-inch glass baking dish.
- Microwave the cremini mushrooms in a microwaveable bowl for 2 minutes, until soft and mostly cooked. Drain and squeeze dry.
- Brown the garlic, onion, and ground beef with just a tiny bit of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, until the beef is cooked through. Drain.
- Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, salt, oregano, and garlic powder and stir to combine well. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- In a separate large mixing bowl mix together the soup and water until smooth. Add the roasted cauliflower, beef mixture, and half of the cheddar cheese, and combine well.
- Spoon into the 13×9-inch baking dish, top with the rest of the cheddar cheese, and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake uncovered for 25-35 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned.
- Serve with optional cottage cheese.